Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday



It's Monday and time for Happy Homemaker Monday hosted each week by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

As I look outside my window:::
We got snow today; about 2 1/2 inches! I really wasn't expecting it but it was fun to watch! The wind made it feel bitter cold:(

Right now I am:::
Watching Shark Tank on You Tube:) I love this show but didn't realize you could watch it on You Tube.

Thinking and Pondering:::
What I am going to do for the next three days while my hubby is gone. I have lots of ideas, just need to narrow it down:)

On my bedside table::: 
The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club by Wanda E. Brunstetter
Read aloud--The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

On my TV tonight:::
I think I will watch a little more Shark Tank on the computer or read tonight.

Listening to:::
Just Shark Tank

On the menu for this week:::
Hubby will be gone most of the week so I won't be planning a menu; just eating whatever I feel like...staying within my Weight Watchers Points, of course. Hubby just went grocery shopping today so will have lots of great food to eat, especially fresh things.

On my to do list:::

  • Laundry
  • Log business expenses for January
  • Package and deliver Stampin' Up! orders
  • Mending
  • Visit blogs
  • Sign up for A to Z Blog Challenge
Plans for this week:::
Monday -- Bake bread; laundry
Tuesday -- Log business expenses; package Stampin' Up! orders; mending
Wednesday -- Deliver Stampin' Up! orders; make cards
Thursday -- Laundry; make cards
Friday -- Clean house

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

Cards...will post this week!

My simple pleasure:::
Looking at cookbooks and knitting/crocheting magazines. 

Lessons learned the past week:::
One worm CAN spoil the whole apple! Don't ask me to explain!!!

Looking around the house:::
  • Dining room table covered with Stampin' Up! order
  • Kitchen is good
  • Livingroom looks lived in but good
From the camera:::

Our new snow today!
Prayer List:::
  • My attitude
  • Friends making a life-changing decision
  • Sister's upcoming hip surgery
Bible verse; Devotional:::
"But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you." -- 1 Peter 5:10

That's it for me! Have a nice evening and I will be back tomorrow with a card and an update on my goals for A Year of Joy:)

Kat





6 comments:

  1. Hi Kat - Sounds like you have a good week planned. I love The Book Thief. What a touching book. Hope you like it too. I also love Amish books! Stay warm and enjoy a week to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be a good week:) I am looking forward to reading The Book Thief--it came highly recommended. I hope you have a great week as well!

      Delete
  2. That snow looks lovely!

    I can't recall the last day when we weren't seeing at least some snow falling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't get a lot of snow here but it's pretty when it happens. We live in a high desert area so we get the cold but not the moisture. You have had an amazing amount of snow!!!

      Delete
  3. from a fellow snowed in Happy Homemaker! Hope your week is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Conny! I hope you have a great week as well!

      Delete