As I look outside my window...
Snow is still on the ground from last week. Though the temperature was in the single digits when I got up this morning, it is nearly 30 degrees now! Whoo Hoo! We're havin' a heat wave!!! While it was bright and sunny this morning, it is cloudy now:(
Right now I am...
Sitting in my chair by the wood stove, drinking a glass of Zip Fizz (guilty pleasure?!!!) and typing this post.
Thinking and pondering...
About our vacation coming up; what to take...clothes, food, books, craft projects! Also Christmas and what I still need to get done.
On my bedside table...
Still reading The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe--almost finished; just a few pages left to go! Next up is Be My Valentine by Debbie Macomber (a library loan on my iPad). Our read aloud is Christmas in My Heart book 22, compiled and edited by Joe Wheeler. Yes, we FINALLY finished Louis L'Amour's Sackett series!!! If you haven't ready the Christmas in My Heart books, you must try them! I own all 22 books and LOVE these timeless Christmas stories!
On my TV tonight...
Nothing on TV interests me this week.
Playing on the radio...
Nothing right now...just love the silence! But have you heard I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas? I could listen to that silly song over and over again! Sooo cute!
On the menu for this week...
- Monday -- Baked Potatoes, Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts
- Tuesday -- Rice and Pinto Beans
- Wednesday -- my town day; no cooking
- Thursday -- Curried French Lentil Soup
- Friday --
- Saturday --
- Sunday --
On my to do list...
- Make Gift Certificates for stamping customers (with cards)
- Make Gift Card Holders
- Finish addressing Christmas cards for Hubby's customers
- Get ready for Happy Stampers Club (Wednesday night)
- Laundry, dishes, floors, oh my!
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating...
- Lots of cards!!!
- Still neglecting my granny square afghan but hope to work on it on my vacation.
- I WILL be making doll clothes this week!
My simple pleasure...
As mentioned above, I love to sit and have a glass of ZipFizz late morning or early afternoon! I don't drink coffee so this is my little pick-me-up!
Lesson learned the past week...
It's not worth it to have my fingernails painted on the rare occasions when I get a manicure (one every 5 years or so). I got a French manicure last Thursday so my nails would be pretty for Hubby's Christmas party on Saturday. I wore gloves to wash dishes and clean but still had nicks in the "paint" before the party. Fortunately they looked "okay" but I am waayyy too hard on my nails to fuss with them. Lesson learned!!!
Looking around the house...
Dishes need done, bed still needs to be made, kitchen floor needs to be swept, dogs toys need to be picked up.
From the camera...
|Closeup of my beautiful new centerpiece. |
There is one of these adorable sparkly packages on each side.
- Nephew and wife who are expecting their first baby
- Friends who got sick while caring for their great grandchildren
- Families who need a place to live
- Friends' daughter who is going to Namibia for a year to work
- Friend whose daughter is going to Namibia as she will miss her sooo much!
- Young friend living and working in China for a year
Bible verse; Devotional...
"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you; but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy." 1 Peter 4:12, 13
Well, that's it for me today! I need to get myself up to the craft room and start working on those projects that need to be done this week!
Have a great day!