Thursday, September 20, 2012

Perfectly Preserved Nugget Jar

I saw this adorable little jar about a month ago and thought it was the cutest thing ever...except my granddaughter, of course! Last night we made them at our Happy Stampers Club meeting and I think they were a hit! If I have this right, the Nugget Jar was designed by Mary Alice Bellis at Marvelous Possibilities but you can watch a video tutorial by Kay Kalthoff. Thank you Mary Alice and Kay for this GREAT project. 

Now, if you look real close to the left side of the oval cut out, you will see that I smudged the Lucky Limeade ink. Well, not to worry as my next photo shows...
This just goes to show you can over up almost anything and actually make it better! I love the addition of that cute pear on the front of my Nugget Jar:)

I am going to change it up a bit by using the ear of corn stamp and dsp to make them as favors for my Thanksgiving table this year! They would also make adorable baby shower favors. Actually, it could be changed up for any holiday or occasion!

For this project I used the following Stampin' Up! supplies:

  • Very Vanilla and Lucky Limeade card stock; Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper
  • Classic Stampin' Pads: Lucky Limeade and Early Espresso
  • Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set
  • Cannery Set Framelits
  • Other: Linen Thread, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Hershey Nuggets (not Stampin' Up!:)
Be sure to check out Kay's and Mary Alice's blogs to find some great ideas for using the Perfectly Preserved stamp set as well as a lot of other fun projects!

Have a great day and as always, Happy Stamping!

Kat



2 comments: