Monday, October 6, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday


Good Morning! And welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday initiated and hosted each week by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom! I am so happy to be able to participate this week:)

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are my "fast days" so I just have one 500 calorie meal around noon. Before you feel sorry for me or think I'm crazy, the other 4 days of the week I can eat anything and as much as I want:) The weight loss is slow but steady. It would be faster if I ate less on non-fast days and if I exercised...need to do both!

Looking around the house::::
Dining room table needs some attention and I need to clean the kitchen up a bit. A few dog toys are scattered about the living room but all in all, not too bad!  

On today's to do list::::


  • Laundry...Looks like I have at least two loads to do today. The weather will be good so I can hang the clothes out on the line.
  • Cleaning...I need to clean up the kitchen, declutter the dining room table and clean the bathroom.
  • Stampin' Up!...Start getting ready for next week's stamping club, place an order, send a few emails and make a few cards.
  • Crocheting...Finally finished the baby afghan for little Noah (born on Saturday) so will get it in the mail this week after snapping a few pictures to show you. I immediately started another one in yellow so will be ready for the next baby not matter what it is:) I have been making the same pattern baby afghan for almost 40 years so don't have to think about it. Very relaxing!
  • Cooking...I am making a big pot of vegetable soup for us to enjoy using lots of veggies from the garden.    
Currently reading::::
One Simple Act by Debbie Macomber

The Deep Blue Sea for Beginners by Luanne Rice (sequel to Geometry of Sisters)
On the TV today::::
Can't think of anything I really want to watch today. We watched 12 Years a Slave yesterday and it was such a good movie but hard to watch in places. It was based on a true story. I was planning to watch The Paradise on PBS last night but forgot it was on so missed it:(

The weather outside is::::
Beautiful! Blue sky and sunshine! The last hoorah before the cold weather sets in.


On the menu this week::::Just lots of fresh veggies from the garden before they're gone! Hubby makes an amazing vegetable dish that we put on rice using onions, bell peppers, carrots, eggplant, summer squash, tomatoes, green beans, cabbage and anything else he can find in the garden to throw in! I could eat it every day!!! 

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Read or work on the baby afghan 


New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
I haven't tried any new recipes lately but would like to try Quinoa Black Bean Tacos 


One of my simple pleasures::::
Sitting on the porch glider overlooking the yard and garden chatting with my hubby:) Add an Iced Chai with Soy Milk and it would be perfect! There won't be many more days to sit out on the deck without bundling up! The glider was my birthday gift from hubby last year and we have really enjoyed it!


Favorite photo from the camera::::
My finished baby afghan...



And the card that will be going with it to Baby Noah...



Praying for::::

  • Friend who recently lost one of her sisters.
  • My ankle to heal after recent fall
  • Family and friends 
Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment:::: 



Have a great day!

Kat

4 comments:

  1. I sometimes really miss card making and scrapbooking. I recently sold all of my supplies in order to purge. Your card was beautiful!

    I really wish I could crochet and knit well. I know the basics but I cannot make anything other than that.

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would be lost without my cardmaking! Thank you for your kind words. My advice for building your skills in knit and crochet? Get one of those "I Taught Myself" books and make the projects in the book. Pretty soon you will be knitting and crocheting like a pro:)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, William! I have made so many of them I think I could do it in my sleep!

      Delete