Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday Night Chit-Chat

Hello, everyone! I hope your Mother's Day has been good. 

I checked Carla's blog at My 1/2 Dozen Daily to see if her Sunday Night Chit-Chat was up but it isn't so I am going to go ahead and post mine. If she posts hers later I will link up; otherwise, I am on my own this week. I do love the Sunday Night Chit-Chat...well, any Chit-Chat, actually!

Today I was sharing with my mom about how much I love blogging and am so happy that after nearly 4 years I have over 40,000 visits and have written over 700 posts. Am I the only one who is impressed by that?!!! My mom seemed totally unimpressed. It was like I am about people who do extreme mountain climbing...why would they do that? Well, that's kind of how she was about my blogging...why would I even want to do that? Hmmm...have I ever mentioned how unsupportive my mom is? Now, the question is, why would I even share the information with her in the first place. Lapse of memory, I guess!

The Peonies are just about ready to bloom but I thought they
looked so pretty framing the red tulips.
So, on with the Chit-Chat!

What...

  • Am I watching...Just watched Frozen. Last Sunday we watched Saving Mr. Banks. 
  • Am I reading...Light on Snow by Anita Shreve.
  • Am I looking forward to this week...Happy Stampers are meeting on Wednesday night!
  • Am I obsessive about...Having my books in order--some kind of order! I have a book shelf where all the books are alphabetical. I have other shelves where the books are in order by height. Some shelves are ordered by subject. Yes, I have a lot of books and a lot of shelves! A house with a lot of books is a happy house in my opinion:)
  • Is my #1 goal for next week...I have to finish getting ready for my Happy Stampers Club! I am such a procrastinator:( I think I say this at least once a month, right?!!!
  • Is my Best/Worst financial decision over the last week...I am supposed to be on a 21 Day Financial Fast but it hasn't been going so good:( As a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator I am able to pre-order some items that are in the catalog that launches on June 2 so it's really hard for me NOT to order some of these items to share with my customers, right?!!! Well, let's just say that so far this month I've spent about $100 for new catalogs and pre-order items. Guess it could be worse.
  • Am I most happy I accomplished this week...I managed to get the vacuuming/mopping done before I went to the Chiropractor so as not to undo what he did! Hoping to keep everything in place for a couple weeks this time:) For some people NOT vacuuming wouldn't be a big deal but we have two dogs who shed the equivalent of a whole dog everyday! Why they aren't bald I have no idea! We brush and brush and still they shed:( 
  • A wonderful Mother's Day surprise...I loved the cards and gifts from my kids today. I loved the phone call from my daughter this morning. I am so blessed. But, I was surprised this morning with a text from my niece telling  me that I am "a beautiful woman, amazing person and wonderful mother"! Boy, how I needed to hear that today! Thank you to my precious niece for this very special surprise!
Well, that's it for me tonight! Can you believe I did TWO posts today?!! Me, either! I will be back tomorrow with Sandra's Happy Homemaker Monday:)

Kat

2 comments:

  1. As a climber, I would say we climb because the mountain is there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I guess as a writer, I write because the words are there! They have to go somewhere, right?!!!

      Delete