Friday, April 29, 2011

More Crafting!

I love to make cards but it is always more fun to do it with others. I sometimes get bogged down when I am trying to do it myself. I recently purchased a new Stampin' Up! stamp set called Stength and Hope. For each Strength and Hope stamp set sold, Stampin' Up! will donate $2 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The stamp set will be on sale from May 1 through August 31. You can see the stamp set and watch a little video by clicking here.

This card was from a design in my Stampin' Success magazine I get monthly as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I used Bermuda Bay (retired) cardstock as my base and stamped the butterflies on Whisper White. The butterflies are stamped in Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin' Pad (retired), Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad (also retired) and Pretty in Pink Classic Stampin' Pad. I used Basic Rhinestones (LOVE them!!!) and Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon. Quick, easy and fun!!! I also made one using Melon Mambo card stock--very cute!
When making the 3" x 6" card above, I didn't space the butterflies right so put that piece aside. When I was finished I decided to cut the butterflies out and make 3" x 3" gift enclosure cards and they are just adorable! Even mistakes can turn out to be a thing of beauty:) Please forgive my photos. I do not have the right lighting and am working with a VERY simple Kodak EasyShare C360. When I get my craft room organized I will have an area with better lighting and will borrow my husband's nicer camera to take the pictures. But for now you get the idea anyway. Just want to show you the other two little gift enclosures I made... The first one is just super easy. The second one I matted the Pretty in Pink butterfly with Rich Razzleberry textured card stock and used a Basic Pearl instead of the Basic Rhinestone. By far, this is my new favorite stamp set. Do something that makes you smile today. If it makes others smile too, all the better.  Kat
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment