|Image downloaded from Photobucket|
I am just writing about the letter X! When I was looking in the dictionary I was intrigued by the fact that X is both a noun and a verb! I knew about the noun part but X as a verb--really???
X as a noun...
- The 24th letter of the English alphabet. X is a consonant.
- Used in mathmatis for showing a number whose value you do not know.
- The Roman numeral for 10.
- Used instead of saying the name of a person or place when you do not know it, or when you are using them as an example.
- Informal--A symbol used for writing a kiss, usually at the end of a letter.
- X was used in the past for saying that a film was not suitable for people under the age of 18 (or in my case EVER!)
--Macmillan Online Dictionary
X as a verb...
Mark or make a sign with an X
- Overwrite or obliterate with an X or a series of X's
- Make void or annul; invalidate: we're all X-ing things out of our curricula
--New Oxford American Dictionary
Whew! That's it for the letter X! Two more letters to go in the A to Z Blog Challenge! It looks like I am really going to make it! When this is all over I promise to have some cards to show! Maybe even a whole week of them:)
Have a great day and I will be back in a little bit for the Sunday Night Chit-Chat!