Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Taco Soup

Well, I am a couple of days behind but will try to catch up. Arrived at my daughter's yesterday and plan to stay till next Wednesday. Today we went to the YMCA to exercise after taking my granddaughter to school. Then my daughter dropped me off at the tanning salon where I spent a very relaxing 10 minutes in the tanning bed before walking to my daughter's. Whew! Busy morning.


Today I want to share a very yummy recipe for fall. My family loves soup when the weather starts to cool and the days get shorter. 


Taco Soup


1 lb hamburger (crumbled) or 1 can Worthington Vege-burger
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 cups water
2 (16 oz) cans stewed tomatoes
2 (16 oz) cans kidney beans
1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
Shredded cheddar cheese
Corn chips
sour cream


In large saucepan cook burger and onions in 1 tsp. olive oil till burger is done and onions are tender. Add water, tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Simmer covered 15 minutes.  


Enjoy! Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment