Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday hosted each week by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. I was about to despair that I would ever get the chance to sit down to type this post today! Just seemed to be so many things to do and blogging somehow didn't make it to the top of the priority list until NOW! Well, better late than never and it is still Monday:)

The weather outside is::::
At 4:00 in the afternoon, it is 58 degrees (F) with blue sky and fluffy white clouds. We have a slight breeze that makes the wind chimes tinkle but not clang like they were doing all last week. Actually a very beautiful day!

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
No breakfast today as Mondays and Thursdays are intermittent fasting days which means I eat one meal between noon and 1:00 that consists of approximately 500 calories. That's it...along with plenty of water!

As I look outside my window:::
I see the bird feeder is empty but there are so many other things for the birds to eat right now. I also see lots of green accented by the beautiful red Barberry Bushes. Out my side window I see the lilacs starting to bloom and they are gorgeous!    

Right now I am::::
Sitting at the dining room table which amazingly is cleaned off, with the dogs at my feet (as usual). I just finished my glass of water so need to get up and get another one before I continue.  

As I look around the house::::
The living room is littered with dog toys! Wilson is the worst about the toys...if they are in the toy box, they need to come out! But he so funny doing it! Hubby decided he wanted to turn his chair around so he can see the view out the front window...looks really interesting. My chair was turned around too but Wilson doesn't like it because there's not enough room for me to play fetch with him when it's faced that direction.


On today's to do list::::

Laundry, as usual
Prune the hydrangeas (which should have been done during the winter)
Make two birthday cards

Currently reading::::
Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions by Lysa TerKeurst

Read aloud: A Two Pedal World: The Journey (Book 2) by Paul Rega
Audio: Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
On the TV today::::
Hart of Dixie

On the menu this week::::
I don't have a menu again this week:( I do have some recipes I want to try from this fabulous vegan blog called It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken. Samantha Turnbull is hilarious and her recipes are delish! Look out family!!!

Favorite photo from the camera::::


Love my Emile Henry cover bread baker:)
Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.   --Romans 8:11


Well that's it for me this fine Monday! I will be back tomorrow with a recipe for Tasty Tuesday!

Thanks for stopping by!

Kat

4 comments:

  1. I don't think our kitchen table is ever cleaned off (for more than 5 minutes anyway). Just stopping by from Happy Homemaker Monday to wish you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours is rarely cleaned off...a real catch-all! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. It may be time to put the feeder away- raccoons and other critters are coming out of hibernation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely time to put the feeders away! We don't have raccoons or squirrels; our main pests are porcupines but they don't bother the feeders...just eat fruit off the trees in season:(

      Delete