Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cute Cards continued...

This card is sooo cute in person. My picture taking is not very good; may have to get a new camera (or steal my hubby's nice one he uses for work). The base is Pretty in Pink card stock. Then I layered a retired dsp (can't remember the name) with Melon Mambo card stock. I created the lace effect with the Eyelet Border punch. I ran the Whisper White card stock for the frosting through my Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder before punching with the Cupcake Builder punch. The base of the cupcakes was stamped with Pretty in Pink Classic Ink on Whisper White card stock using the Create a Cupcake stamp set then punched with the Cupcake Builder punch. I used Melon Mambo to punch the flower using the Itty Bitty Punch Pack. I put a Basic Rhinestone in the center of each flower. The sentiment is from the Create a Cupcake stamp set. This card is for my granddaughter for her sixth birthday--this week!!! This design came from Georgeann Manning at www.paperprincess1973.blogspot.com. Her blog is called 'Me' Time and she has lots of great card and scrapbooking ideas on her blog.


This card was was really fun to make using the Baby Bundle stamp set. I have used this set several times but never seem to get the look I really want but I was very happy with this one. The base of the card is Pretty in Pink card stock. On Whisper White card stock I stamped the small images with Pretty in Pink, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso Classic Ink. the ribbon is 1/4" Pretty in Pink Grograin Ribbon. The buggy was stamped with Early Espresso Classic Ink on Melon Mambo card stock. I accented the buggy with Basic Rhinestones. I love the Basic Rhinestones and Basic Pearls--they really help to dress up a card!!!


I have two more cards to share but they are the projects for tomorrow night's stamping club. The ladies hate it when I spoil the surprise so will have to wait till Thursday to see what we did!


Have a great day and a super week! If you get a chance today, go to The Breast Cancer Site to click for free mammograms for those women who can't afford them. While you're there, please click for Autism as well. Your click helps to pay for therapy for children with Autism and their familiesl


Thanks for checking in!  Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment